The D8 VENTURE BIOTOOLS feature major advances in source, detector and sample handling technology:
- The new IµS DIAMONDTM is the world’s brightest microfocus X-ray source. It exploits the extreme heat conductivity of diamond to produce a compact source with intensity superior to conventional rotating anodes. Unlike rotating anode sources, the IµS DIAMOND can operate continuously for several years without any routine maintenance. The new technology is so reliable that Bruker offers a unique 99% uptime guarantee.
- The latest version of the Excillum METALJETTM, the brightest laboratory X-ray source today, is a powerful alternative to the compact, microfocus IµS DIAMOND.
- The new PHOTON IIITM is the largest photon-counting pixel array detector for the home laboratory with an active area of 140 x 200 mm2. It is the first pixel array detector to support both photon counting and charge integration for the best sensitivity and dynamic range. With no gaps and no charge sharing, the PHOTON III detector delivers the ultimate in laboratory crystallography data quality.
- The new SCOUTTMautomated cryo-cooled crystal-handling system features a ceiling-mounted robot for sampling handling and state-of-the-art cryogenic technology. The SCOUT mounts and retrieves frozen protein samples quickly and reliably. It accommodates 48 SPINE or ALS sample pins, which also makes it compatible with modern synchrotron standards.
- SCOUT incorporates the new AGHTM automated goniometer head. The AGH allows samples to be aligned automatically with X-rays. This advanced capability, which until now has been available only at top synchrotron beamlines, allows even the smallest samples to be aligned automatically.
Dr. Vernon Smith, the Business Development Manager for Macromolecular Crystallography at Bruker AXS, noted: “With the D8 VENTURE BIOTOOLS, Bruker has once again set new standards in crystallography systems for the home laboratory. Our extremely bright and stable IµS DIAMOND X-ray source and our large area PHOTON III photon counting detector enable highly accurate data to be collected very quickly. By combining this unprecedented performance with fast, reliable handling automation, the new D8 VENTURE BIOTOOLS provide researchers the opportunity to move from crystal to structure more efficiently than ever before.”
Professor Elena Conti, Director at the Max-Planck-Institute for Biochemistry in Martinsried, Germany, stated: “The D8 VENTURE with METALJETTM has enabled my group to collect quality data from even our most difficult projects and has made our synchrotron trips more productive. With the addition of the new SCOUT sample changer, we expect this productivity to increase even further by being able to identify crystals suitable for structure determination more effectively. Taking less time to determine individual protein structures will enable us to push forward in our overall research goals more quickly.”
About Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR)
For more than 55 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker’s high-performance scientific instruments and high-value analytical and diagnostic solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels. In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nanoanalysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical phenomics and proteomics research, clinical microbiology and molecular pathology research.
Bruker Head of Investor Relations
T: +1-978-663-3660, x1479
Dr. Heiko Ress
Bruker AXS Director Marketing Communications
T: +49 (0)721-50997-0